Monday, February 25, 2008

Home At Last

Greetings

This is the first time I have done anything like this, so I hope the world bears with me. My name is Warren and I am a retired, disabled 57 year old Viet Nam vet. To keep myself busy, I bought a computer, taught myself HTML and started making web pages, after my physical condition deteriorated to the point that I had to stop gold mining.

Early last year I met my future wife, Mercedes while I was visiting Canada. It was instant love. She caught my eye on the subway when I gave her my seat. We chatted, parted and on the next day who do I run into? Yep. She was going to the mall and she allowed me to accompany her. We spent a glorious afternoon, shopping, talking and getting to know one another.

Eventually I had to return home, but not after securing name number and all the pertinent info I needed to stay in touch with her. After a whirlwind romance I asked her to marry me and she said yes.

We made plans to meet in Manila on the 19th of March 2007. We were married 5 days later in a simple ceremony with her sister and her husband and a few close friends in attendence. Afterwards we went to Barangue for a week. Then we flew south to the island of Pasay and spend the next 10 months with her family in Passi City, where I became a sugarcane plantation handyman, worker and all around gofer.

Ahhh, the Philippines. How I love you. My first trip to those beautiful islands was in 1969 as a bug eyed 18 year old, away from home for the first time. As I walked the streets of Olongapo [where the female/male ratio was any where between 200 to 300 women for every GI in town, and there were thousands of us GI's], I was flabbergasted at the town. Wall to wall bars and cathouses. Incredible.

I can't believe how late it is. I'm going to have to get some sleep. I'll carry on tomorrow. Night.


Warren Yarnall
http://www.ebookbarnonline.com/

No comments: